OK so this is a braindump where I decide if I want one or two rPis in the car…
I’m fairly sure one will do for now but the extra functions may require two.
As always all comments etc encouraged!
- Screen display – Still haven’t decided on the interface. Needs to have options for all of the below
- Media player (Music/Podcasts) – Try to resume last playing item on car start!
- OBD. Possibly default display to this after inactivity. May have dash button too to flick display to it. Other option is another screen for this bit.
- Interface for talking to the Arduinos over RS485 to control relays. Probably MQTT based.
- Also needs to poll them sometimes to check current relay status. On rPi startup mostly. Though, that being said I should be able to guess what is powered on when the Pi starts (the Pi). The Pi can then power everything else on. That makes the SMS recieving a lot easier too. Any SMS = Boot!
Functions I’m considering
- Voice recognition
- SMS via Handcent SMS anywhere (ties in with the above)
- GPS navigation